|Iraqi Kurds Faylee Society – United Kingdom|
Iraqi Kurds Faylee Society – United Kingdom
“Member” means a member of the Society.
1 - The Name of the Society is “Kurdish Faily Society” and thereafter we shall refer to it as “Society”.
2 – Objectives:
· To advance the welfare and education of the public in the study of the Kurdish Faily (Faylee) dialect, history, literature and drama;
· To promote and support fellowships, scholarships, conferences, seminars, study tours, carnivals and similar programmes in relation to the purpose of the society;
· To promote and support activities and programmes for elderly, disabled, youth, nursery, (Kinder)?, and social gatherings, in relation to the purpose of the Society;
· To publish and promote or supply the publication and distribution of books, journals, periodicals, magazines, newspapers and other literature and provide facilities for one or more libraries and reading rooms in relations to Kurdish Faily ethnicity.
· To establish and support charitable institutions for the benefits of (Faylee)Faily Kurds.
· To advance the Welfare of Faily Kurds in the UK and overseas.
3 – Methods of achieving objectives:
· To raise funds and to invite and receive contributions from any person or persons by way of subscriptions, donations or in any other way;
· To take and accepts gifts of property of any description for the purpose of the society;
· To do all such other lawful things as shall further the attainment of the objectives of the Society.
· To publicize the plight of Faily Kurds in Iraq and overseas.
4 – Membership:
4.1 The number of Members of the society is unlimited.
4.2 Members rights:
· To work with other members toward formulating the society’s strategy and policy.
· To participate in the society’s general council meeting.
· To forward their name for the Executive committee membership.
· Resign from the Society at any time.
4.3 Members obligations
· To participate in the implementation of the society’s strategy and policy.
· To pay an annual membership fee of £10.00
· To publicize the objectives and aims of the society
· To believe and contribute toward the objectives of the society;
· To be over the age of 16 years.
· A member shall cease to be a member:
· Upon giving notice in writing to the Society that the Member is resigning;
· Upon a two-thirds majority of the General Members Meeting of the Society giving the Member notice required to resign as a Member;
· Upon the Member’s decease.
5 – General Council:
· The Society shall in each year hold an annual General Meeting as standard, if an addition to any other meetings in that year and shall specify the meeting as such in the notice calling it;
· Not more than fifteen months shall elapse between the date of one Annual General Meeting of the Society and that of the next;
· The Annual General Meeting shall be held at such time as the Secretary, on behalf of the Executive Committee, shall call for;
· All General Meetings other than Annual General Meetings shall be called common Meetings that may be convened whenever the Majority Members think fit;
· Decisions will be passed at common Meetings by majority vote from the number of Members having the right to attend and vote ;
· Common meetings can only commence with the presence of two thirds of the Members;
· Members of the Society should vote to select a Chairperson before General Meetings are commenced;
· The Society Executive committee will by elected be majority vote during the General Annual Meeting.
· The General Council will elect 5 main members plus 2 spare members for the executive committee.
6 – Vote:
· Each Member shall have one vote;
· A vote may be given either personally or by proxy;
· The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in writing under the hand of the appointer. A proxy needs to be a Member too.
7 – Executive committee:
· The Executive committee will consist of 5 members only.
· The Executive committee need to promote and drive the formulation of the below committees.
· The Executive Committee will consult with Members on the formation of different committees, such as youth, social, finance, media to work toward the achievement of the objectives of the Society.
· The term of the Executive Committee will terminate by the start of the next General Annual Meeting.
· When the Executive Committee looses a member, it can replace him/her with a substitute member from the spare list.